Saturday, March 8, 2008

Definitely, Maybe


2 out of 5 Stars.
Definitely, Maybe this film would have been A LOT better had Ryan Reynolds taken his shirt off. I'd take watching him in the remake of 'Amityville Horror' over this one any day. Definitely, Maybe Abigail Breslin is a one trick pony. She's cute, okay, I give her that. She had a good thing going in Little Miss Sunshine but for a child actor she is no Dakota Fanning. There. I said it. Sorry Abby. Definitely, Maybe Isla Fisher is cute, though her small physique was moderately distracting in the wide shots of herself and Ryan. She looked very Olsen Twin-esque which was frightening. I don't see the appeal of Rachel Weisz, though I'm sure many men disagree with me. In which case let's think about this story rationally -- Ryan Reynolds character dates some hot blonde (don't know that actress) and said blonde had a lesbian affair with Rachel Weisz's character. Yet Ryan Reynolds does not seem lured by a threesome? Hmm. The film was quite a bit too long, way too sappy for my taste, but it gets 2 stars because I liked the shots of New York and I LOVED Kevin Kline in his small part. And even in clothes, Ryan Reynolds is hot.
Case in point. Ryan Reynolds in this film-


And Ryan Reynolds with no shirt--

1 comment:

About Me said...

I'll never see him as anything other than that character from "2 guys, a girl and a pizza place". And he needs a better face to match those abs.