Thursday, April 10, 2008

Autism : The Musical


4 out of 5 Stars
A truly honest and fantastic documentary. I hope Elaine Hall continues gaining enough funding to keep the Miracle Project running! Though I was disappointed that the only children pictured in the film were a) upper middle class kids and b) (with the exception of Elaine's son) the kids were all very high functioning. I found the difficultly in the parental relationships very insightful -- loved that the film captured the difficulty raising a child with disabilities has on marriage. Though the documentary seemed very very edited (ie. no way was what was shown the 'first' rehearsal, more like the 8th or 9th!). I wanted to see the entire musical. Perhaps that can be found in the bonus footage.
Enough of me being critical. These children are beyond delightful and inspiring.

No comments: