Thursday, April 17, 2008

Turistas


2 out of 5 Stars
A very unoriginal story basis -- innocent tourists find themselves in a remote part of Brazil and despite numerous signs warning them to get the hell away, they are stupid enough to isolate themselves in a remote house where Brazilians attempt to take their organs to sell. A much better version of 'organ stealing' has been depicted in X-Files and Law and Order. My main frustration was toward the characters and just how gullible they were. Okay, they are young. Perhaps they haven't done much traveling. But please. If I was ever in this situation (which really is entirely possible as I have often found myself wandering through South African townships and jungles in Thailand), I would know how to get away and find an embassy, or help, or something! Still, I give this film two stars. One star for Josh Duhamel being hot and one star for the cool (albeit brief) underwater cave scene. I'm referring to the one shot in the daylight -- the last 30 minutes of the film were very dark and I had a very difficult time distinguishing the 'good guys' from the 'bad guys'.

1 comment:

About Me said...

I watched one scene, cringed and then turned it off. Channel surfing one day, I rested on Turista out of curiosity. I stopped in on the scene where the girl was being vivisected while alive. I wretched without vomiting and then changed the channel.

Duh. Duh. Duh. On the main characters.