Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix


2.5 out of 5 Stars
I think the films keep getting better mostly because the books get better as the characters age. I was disappointed in the portrayal of Luna Lovegood -- they made her in a creepy horror movie kid -- she might as well have been riding around on a tricycle humming 'tra-la-la-la-la-la-la'. I LOVED Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix. She needed more screentime. Actually, she needs her own spinoff film. And Daniel Radcliff is getting hot. Can't wait to see him as Alan Strang in Equus on Broadway.

1 comment:

NJWT said...

There is one Harry Potter movie that is always on, Every time, I watch at least 15 minutes and then realize I've not only seen it before but dozens of times. It's the only one I've seen, but it's not good. It's really, I don't know, reactive or something, like it's trying to do what fantasy movies are supposed to do, but fantasies have already done that. Like I've seen it before, but that's not why I know what's going to happen next. But it's not even the plot, but the effects and design that is the problem. Instead of something creative, it's like, of course that's what a castle/dragon/wizard looks like, as opposed to something not so template.